Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Coast 2 Coast (27) Thread >

Official Team Coast 2 Coast (27) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Coast 2 Coast (27) Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 10:22 AM

Default RE: Official Team 27 Thread

I'm just now starting to see some of the shooters I'm hunting. I have been getting some good pics, butI'm just now gettingdaytime pics. I did shoot a button buck(on accident--didn't see the buttons) the other night. I was walking out of my stand heading towards the truck. As I get to the edge of a wheat field there are two deer feeding. Well we saw each other at the same time. I made a bleat with my mouth for the sole intention of just calming them a little before they ran off. Instead they start walking right towards me. They covered 60 yrds or so quickly. I put my release on, knocked my arrow and waited.I never crouched down, and moved around the whole time,I still had my climber on my back and everything. Well the deer stopped at about 15 yrds and stared at me. I bleated again. They then start to feed. The closest one turned broadside, so I drew back and shot. Perfect hit. This is the 3rd deer I have shot with my tracer knocks and I love them. It was also my first chance to try out my muzzy phantoms. The deer ran 50 yrds and died.
Even though the deer was small this ranks right up there as one of the more fun bowhunts I've had. Plus its the first deer off the ground with a bow!

Now, I'm leaving early today to head out after a bruiser.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:17 PM

congrats , riverbottom some meat for the frezzer, hows the hole that that muzzy left Iwas thinking on buying some this year.

i went out this morning it was frezzing rain but not coming down hard by the time i got to my stand it stop, its started to get light out so i wanted to try my can call, flip it over twice within 15 min i here somthing walking in the woods ,i see a deer coming in it was a fork comes right to my side about 10yards then a heard another deer walking, i didnt want to shoot the fork, to early, so i finealy get to make out the other deer it look to 8 pt, had nice rack on him and he wouldnt come in, he was about 30 yards out but hes vitals were coverd by trees, he ended up wailking down the hill, un alarmed, so hoppfully me and him will meet again[8D]as for my fork,he will live to grow bigger, the funny thing they kind of came in together, then when they came to my stand area they seperarted, well aleast i didnt see any bears today, good luck guys lets win this thing
Old 10-24-2005, 07:29 AM

Had an exciting weekend! A buddy of mine hunting on the other side of the property right along the river shot a 12 pt. It rough scored 175". It was a Brute.

Sunday night I had a 100" 8 walk by. It was very tempting but I wanted bigger. At about 6, I heard a deer coming. I looked and it was a big 8. My guess is he would've went 130-140. I only had one shot. If I aimed normal I was afraid I would hit some brush. If I aimed low enough to miss the brush, I figured I would miss the deer. Well. I put my pin on him, let er fly, the arrow hit a limb. It ended up hitting the ground about 5 yrds in fron of him. I seen 9 deer last night. They all came down the field edge, except for the big one. He decided to take the nastiest, thickest trail. That decision is why he is still alive today. Its starting to heat up, I think I will get another chance at one of the bruisers!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:49 AM

I was shooting muzzy 3 blades, and they worked great. I am now shooting the muzzy phantom 4 blade cut on contact. The only reason I switched was to try something new. The phantoms worked great. I didn't hit any bone so I don't know how that will go.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 PM

sounds exciting! good luck on one of those biggens
Old 10-26-2005, 11:14 AM

uh oh, knocked off the top how is everyones season going?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:46 PM

season kind of slow,waiting for it to heat up we have had a warm week this week almost 70, after last weeks cold, went out 2 this week in the morning nothing still alot of leaves on the smaller trees making it hard to see ., going out this morning and sat, morning hoppfully i see that bigger buck i seen 2 weeks ago,kept you guys updated good luck guys
Old 11-14-2005, 09:29 AM

How is everybody doing? Well My vacation starts in an hour. I will have all week off. Passed on another decent 8. Probably a 2 1/2 yr old. They are chasing good right now but it seems at night or midday. Hopefully I will have something good when I return on monday.

good luck everybody!!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:14 AM

It been tough the past few weeks. A lot of wind, enough to keep me out of the trees a couple of days. Passed on some smaller bucks, a 8, and scrappy 6pt. Baldy's have been easy to come by, Im just trying to be patient.
Gun season starts this weekend, so Ill be out until the end of the month, but will give it all I got then.
Keep shooting straight fella, and good hunting!
Old 11-17-2005, 06:00 PM

well guys seasons been [:'(]so far one good thinkg iam on vac. turkey week ,its are last week to bowhunt then we go into shotgun, hoppfully ill see a nice buck lots of sign but being there at the same time , good luck guys,

Quick Reply: Official Team Coast 2 Coast (27) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.