Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Was wondering about my son

Old 07-14-2005, 11:04 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default Was wondering about my son

My son wants to be in the contest. He doesn't post on here.That ismy fault as I don't let him go intoforums or chats rooms without my supervision. Had a bad experience with my oldest daughter withchatrooms and I am more learynow.He does reads the posts with me and got a kick out of following the contest last year.

He is a good shot with bow and can get the deed done. He is only 14 but knows more about deer then I did at 20. I'm thinking it was his teacher!! [8D]

I know there are a lot of guys that think you should have a lot of posts on here to play and the reason I ask. I've been reading this forum for years and have very few post. Last year's contest actually gotme to post more. Course that might be good or bad depending on who is reading it.

Anyways, I let you guys decide. It won't be the end of the world for us ifmost think it isn't right and there will be no hard feeling from us.

Tim
Old 07-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Was wondering about my son

Those 14 year olds will surprise ya. Iused to huntwith one that showed more discipline and savy than most men who toted a bow around for years. He was like a sponge, every tip you gave him he remembered and used. He regularly filled his tags before me. The biggest challenge for him was being able to get to the woods. If I didn't take him he couldn't go.

It isn't my call but if it was I would say, let the boy play!!! He would be welcome on my team for sure.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

TJF,
I have been a fellow member of this forum with you for a while now.... I say get the kid his own name on here let him make a few posts about his FINE deer he got, and LET EM PLAY!

i think the only rule should be that you have a membership to this site... i hate it when people say oh and my friend (lets just say) DAVE wants to be in this contest, although he isnt a member.... blah blah blah...

Besides he takes real nice pictures with deer so thaths enough in my book!
Old 07-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I say register him as a user and he will be allowed in.

The only thing required would be that he checks in with his team from time to time so that they don't write him off as a no show.

So I say sign the boy up!!
Old 07-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, 14yr olds that kill deer like that...NO WAY should he be allowed in!!! [8D]

Just kidding, tell him congrats on a fine deer!

I agree with IBM...sign him up, and let him play! But yes, make sure he's not a no-show. Heck, with deer like that....I hope he makes it on my team
Old 07-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

He could be on my team anytime!
I say sign him up..Who knows he just might take the biggest buck of all
Old 07-15-2005, 08:18 AM

I've got to agree with everyone else, the kid deserves to participate!

Sign him up with an account, even if he only uses it during the contest every year, it's worth signing him up for it. Since you two check the boards together, you're there to supervise whil he posts here.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dittos to the above suggestions.

Get him a user name and let him play.... I'd have him on my team as well.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree as well. Anything that makes a kid more interested in getting out there to hunt is OK in my book, let him in. If I were you I would just sign him up so he has a screen name that we can track. He doesn't have to post unless you're there. Just keep the password private and that way when he gets one you can log in for him and let him tell us the story of how he got it.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say let him register and enter. If you don't want to let him browse then forums then that's no problem just let him come back and enter his deer if he kills one.

Quick Reply: Was wondering about my son

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.