HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New way to yote Hunt
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Northwind~

Default RE: New way to yote Hunt

I don't think anyone has said that coyotes need to be protected... The point being made was that the coyote has a place in the ecosystem just as the deer, pheasants, quail and rabbits do. I agree thatcoyotes need to be seriously thinned out, and I don't think there is anythingwrong with killing as many as you can because it is very difficult to make an impact on their population. You've got to do what you got to do. But I also think it is pretty selfish to feel that all other predators should be exterminated, as was the mindset of the 19th centuryand still is for some people. A true conservationist can see the value of everyspecies in an ecosystembut alsounderstandsthe necessity of management. I find it ironic how uptight some people get about being ethical and respectful when it comes to animals such as deer, but have no ethics when it comes to coyotes as if they are not wild animals also. Idisagree with the statement that "the only good coyote is a dead one." It seems disrespectful to hold a personal grudge with a wild animal and try to kill it maliciously. Just my opinion, but feel free to bash .

As for Hog Killer's plan, it's not for me, but go for it if that's what you gotta do. Use buck shot.