HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Americans - Help Your Canadian Counterparts
Old 01-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Goodguy

Default RE: Americans - Help Your Canadian Counterparts

Vapodog

With all due respect...you got it backwards. It did not fail in Australia and it did not fail in England - it succeeded. And the Liberals and the anti's are rejoicing in their success. They don't care that it's not reducing crime. Reducing crime was only the platform and argument they used. What they really wanted was to disarm the masses and they succeeded big time just as Hitler did.

For those Canadians or anyone else for that matter who might think the one and only solution to our problem is voting out the Liberals is dreaming in Technicolor. It may come as a surprise to some but not all Conservatives regardless which right wing party they may affiliate with support gun ownership. In fact many are anti gun & anti hunting. In any event there will be no election for at least a year. If the Liberals by then have managed to shore up this registry which is presently teetering, even if we are fortunate enough to oust the Liberals, it will be difficult if not impossible for a new government to scrap the registry even though they presently say they would. First of all there will be many other possibly more important matters to also deal with. Secondly if the registry becomes entrenched scrapping it would be no easy matter. There is the legislation which would need to be re-written. The infrastructure would need to be dismantled including all the processes, offices, computer systems and files, employees, management structure and so on and they would still have the antis' lobby to deal with. So that's why I say it needs to be pushed over now while it is teetering not after the Liberals have had a chance to shore it up.

In any event I feel I'm beating a dead horse here. Obviously you see it differently than I do and no amount of reasoning is apparently going to make any difference. Remember all I ever asked for was a few phone calls to add some more pressure to our fractured registry to help it crumble and fall.

This will be my last post on this thread and I'll see you all down the road on the less serious issues like maybe; "Which Rifle Should I Buy?" or "Which Caliber is Best in a Cross Wind". Regards gg.

"When I was born I was so surprised I couldn't talk for a year and a half"