HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Americans - Help Your Canadian Counterparts
Old 01-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Goodguy

Default Americans - Help Your Canadian Counterparts

You've no doubt heard of the Canadian Firearm Registry. Bill C-68 was enacted some years ago part of which required all firearms in Canada to be registered by January 1st. 2003. In spite of huge cost overruns, extensive bungling and high error rate, wide spread non-compliance as well as calls from many organizations and governments at the provincial (state) level to abandon this ineffective registration requirement, the Feds continued on. Now at the last minute it is close to collapse or imploding from within. There is at this time a lot of pressure on the government to abandon this billion $$ boondoggle and it appears they might just cave to this pressure.

You fellow Americans can help us win this battle. The Canadian Firearms Centre is being inundated with telephone enquiries by gun owners from all across Canada in an effort to put further pressure on the system to hopefully help with its failure. You can help us with this campaign. Please call the toll free number 1-800-731-4000 (accessible from the U.S.) and make an enquiry, any enquiry you can think. Examples; can I buy a rifle in Canada and have it shipped to the U.S.? If I go to Canada to hunt do I have to register my rifle? If I move to Canada can I bring my rifle(s) and how long do I have to register them? Any reasonable question you can think of. The idea is to bog the system to a stand still. You may get a recording indicating the system is busy with a high volume of calls. Please persist with your re-dial button. After a few or maybe several tries you will get through.

Also please cut & paste this post in an e-mail to all your shooting friends and associates.

Thanks for your help. gg.

"When I was born I was so surprised I couldn't talk for a year and a half"

Edited by - goodguy on 01/03/2003 23:34:05