HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:10 PM
C. Davis
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Not sure that this is the most impressive shot, but at least most interesting...

I watched a buddy of mine shoot a small buck from across a valley. The buck ran down the hill about 40 yards and crashed, dead as a fart. Interesting thing is - the only hole in the animal was through the ear. It looked like it had been tagged on the ear for monitoring or something, but it was a bullet hole. I guess it died of a heart attack!?
That reminds me of not only the most impressive shots I have ever made, but also the weirdest. Before I say any more, I will clarify it by saying this was just pure luck, even though I did have a lot of practice with the sling shot.
I was about 13 or 14, and I shot very high up in a tree at a downy woodpecker with my wrist rocket shooting ball bearing shot. I shot one time, and the bird fell dead to the ground. The funny thing about it is that I could not find where the ball bearing hit the bird. I even plucked it, but could not find a scratch on the bird. I'm still not sure what happened.

Sorry, I just noticed in subject title "...shot on a deer."

C. Davis