HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 12:27 PM
NoKnees

Default RE: Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

Comparing Leupolds to Swaro's isn't that helpful. I think first he needs to define a practicle budget and then make some useful comparisons inside those parameters.

Besides brightness and resolution there are other things that will weight in a logical evaluation such aseyerelief, Eyebox, weight asthetics.. even the feeling one gets from haveing a swaro.. or the feeling of having gotten a lot for little cash on a XV2 or 3. People value these things differently.

Tho there are those who would argue.. My opinion a S&B or Swaro PH is proabably optically better than most Leupies. ( haven't ever seen a VX7 myself) but as fine as Swaro or S&B is , leupold has some nice features too. Often better eyereleaf and sometimes Leupies are much lighter and there is a cost difference as well.

I say look at the specs of scopes that are in the price range.. narrow it down to a 2 or 3 that look good based upon your research and then go and put them to the first hand test.

opinions on scopes are like a$$holes... everyonehas one and there all different. (I learned that colorful statement in the Army.. who said you can't learn from the government)