HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Zumbo saga goes on.
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 10:41 PM
CalNewbie

Default RE: The Zumbo saga goes on.

Well I believe that hunters should only be permitted to carry single shot rifles, and only carry one round. Obviously the bad PR generated by hunters leaving the impression that they blaze away at wildlife using military rounds such as the .308 or 30-06 borders on plain and simple dumb. Sarcasm intended.

The people who oppose hunting or oppose firearm ownership hardly concern themselves with the make and model of our rifles. Read some of the links to the Brady group statements in other threads on the Zumbo topic. To them the .223, .308, 30-06 are all "military rounds".

I disagree with Zumbo, not just what he said butwhy he said it. Reading his blog he stated that he was unaware that AR and AK type rifles were used for varmint hunting, and seemed to state that he had no experience with such. So he put himself out there as an authority on hunting, and what makes a firearm a "terrorist" tool, basically blovating out of his *ss, and deserves what happened to him. He shot his mouth off about something he had no knowledge or experience with and did everyone a disservice.

There are AR15 rigs that make excellent varmint rifles. To look at them you might not even make a connection with the M16. And how is someone shooting prarie dogs out west with whatever kind of rifle making any impression on some SOB in New York or San Francisco?

If you don't want to use an AR or AK type rifle, fine. But your statement makes about as much sense as my initial sarcastic comment.Simply because you or Jim Zumbo gets the idea that its inappropriate doesn't mean that the rest of the country should stop using them. The term "assault rifle" has close to no meaning. Aside from the .22 rimfire, every rifle in my safe shoots a heavier round that may go farther, faster, and/or hit harder than a my .223. The look of the gun firing the round should not be the determining factor.