HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alternative Bear hunting tactics.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 11:32 AM
BearGuy.

Default RE: Alternative Bear hunting tactics.

Hey Younggun,

I doubt if you will get many responses from the hunters on this but I could be wrong. Baiting or using dogs to hunt bear is not cheating. I take it you have never hunted bear before, so how can you form an opinion about it if you have never done it.I operate a bear hunting camp in Ontario and rely on baiting and spot and stalk. I do nothunt with dogs, and have never done so, but won't look down on the people who do.If baiting or hunting with dogs dosen't sound like your cup of tea, maybe you should do spot and stalk, or try calling. Just remember when calling....they are coming in looking for something to eat!

Good luck, and remember when you frown down upon something in our sport that is leagal and ethical you put out a poor message toeveryone, and that is the last thing ourwonderfullsport needs.

Oh, and I can guarantee you that if you were out on a bear stand (baited or otherwise) and had a big ol bruin looking up at you from the base of your tree,,,,,lame would be the last thing in your mind! Better yet, let them get a couple of steps under your stand and let's see how lame things would be. Don't knock something till you have tried it.