HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How should I do it? What does it take?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How should I do it? What does it take?

I am really lucky. I have no neighbors and live 3 miles up a mountain.I see deer, bear, the occasional moose and even a cougar twice on my property. I only have 21 acres that I take care of but I have a million acres to play in the Kootenai National forest. I pinch myself everyday and make sure I'm not dreaming. It comes with scarifices though as the wages are very low. The county I live in is the last county in montana as far as economic develope goes, their is just hardly any money to be made here. A person may be able to make ends meet here but it seems like you have to make your money esle where then come here as this ain't the place to get rich.I have seen families come out here on their new endeavor and then after a year or two they go back to where ever. I am a building contractor so I bust my arse making peanuts as to what I was use to be making but I like working my own hours and shut down and huntalmost everyday from sept to the end of nov.and winters are another storyto deal with so you kinda learn how to hibernate like the animals and wait for spring.
Some people need the concret jungle and thats where the money is I guess, but it all depends on what your motivater is in life and what your content with. Good luck.

Bobby