HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anchor point
Thread: Anchor point
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 AM
davepjr71
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anchor point

gibsonhoyt,

You are going to run into the same changeI had to make.My index finger used to rest on the underside of my cheek bone with fingers. When I went to a Winn (and no string loop) I kept it in the same spot. when I went to a string loop (and trufire release) I tried to keep that same point. However, by doing soI shortened my draw length byabout 1.5inches and the knock was away from my face by that same distance and thereby had no anchor point at all. So, the string didn't touch any place on my nose or face andI had to lean my head over my right hand. The guyI bought my bow off of fixed that by having me move myanchor point straight back my headtowhere myfinger is under my ear and my thumb cradles my yaw bone I was able to move the knock backto the corner of my mouth and touch the string to my nose without having to lean over my hand. Instant fix. I also have to scrap the TruefireI have and get a release that sits deep in my hand (Truball copperhead or cyclone or similiar short release). This kept my true draw length that I had from finger shooting and was very natural to learn.

Bottom line is that the type of release you use moves your anchor point. I've seen guys thatpull the knock back by their ear with no hand anchor point just to get some part of the string to touch thier face.However, they probably started off with a release andtehrefore are not used to using their face as an anchor point.