HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - unusual sightings
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 04:27 PM
BuddyBo
Typical Buck

Default unusual sightings

Well, I've been to my trail camera every weekend since hunting season was over to keep check on my bucks to see when they loose their antlers. In the past, they have shed them around the second week in Feburary. I am anxious to start looking for sheds so I looked at a couple areas on my hunt I had stayed out of since season was over and I saw something very unusual. I found a lot, and I mean a whole lot of fresh tree rubs and some very big trees and high rubs as well. I have never seen this rubbing this late in the season, not even from when I raised whitetails a few years ago. These big rubs had to be made by a good size buck or bucks. My feelings on these rubs are, they are trying to hurry up the shed process as I don't think any of the young does are in heat now this late. But I could be wrong, but here in North Carolina it's unheard of. Is anyone else seeing any FRESH rubs now and if so, what do you make of them? I tell you guys the truth, It's got me bumfuzzled, and I though I knew a little about whitetails. LOL Don't we wish?!
BBO