HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - STEEL CREEK OUTFITTERS......NO GOOD
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:45 AM
deerdust
Super Moderator

Default RE: STEEL CREEK OUTFITTERS......NO GOOD

I'm not going to bash the outfitter, as I haven't done any homework, nor hunted with them.

I put many manhours in the field each year, doing fieldwork on stand placement, shooting lanes,trail marking, foodplots, scouting, etc. Any reputable outfitter should be doing this. You should be able to call your prospective outfitter any time, or one of the guides, to learn more on the ground where you will be hunting. I have folks who come in during the Off-Season to do pre-season scouting on property they will be hunting, (on a semi-guided hunt).Some folks come justto see what type of ground we have, whether we have done our homework, as far as stand placement, good deer sign on the property, etc. Any good outfitter should be willing to work with you, in any way that they can, answer any of your questions (or connect you with someone that can), and give good referances.

I am the manager of our Nebraska hunt camp and I know that ground better than anyone. Hence, folks inquiring about Ne are refered to me. Not that I do not know the other ground we use. I have guided turkey or deer in all of the states we hunt.

In closing, all I can say, is Do Your Homework!! If you are going to pay for a good hunt, you should get what you pay for.. If you are going to pay for a "Cheap Hunt", you may be one of the lucky ones who walks away happy and satisfied, but chances are you are going to get a "Cheap Hunt"!!