HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - range finder
Thread: range finder
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 AM
CBM SC

Default RE: range finder

If I was in your shoes I would get a Bushnell Sport off e-bay !! I have seen them go for around $110 !!

Then I would wait till I could get a Leica when I could afford it !! I actually picked up a great Leica LRF800 off e-bay for $250 and it is much better than the Bushnells I owned prior !! Why........because the Leica has a smaller beam and is less effected by brush, branches, etc. , it also has a red LED that can be seen in low light, the glass is much better and clearer and it's a lot faster !

The Bushnells you can't see the read out in low light, they are slower, have a wider beam, don't work in fog , don't work in rain , ............but and a huge but..........they work fine in most bow hunting situations !! Bowhunting you usually are only ranging 50 yards or less , most of the time you can get you ranges while scouting and your not doing it right at the break of daylight on a deer, after daylight on a normal day you can get all the ranges you need with a cheap bushnell, so for the money they are about all you need !!

You go out west or somewhere on a big trip, hunting unfamiliar land, hunting in all conditions, you need the best RF possible IMO !!