HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All Around Hand Gun
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 11:32 AM
Nomercy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All Around Hand Gun

Ok, I'll be the first to admitt that pistols can jam while DA revolvers can't, but I never plan on mine jamming, and don't worry about it, because it doesn't happen. Sure there are a lot of cheap pistols out there with old magazines that will jam every other round, I've owned a couple. If you get a good pistol, the only round you have to worry about jamming is the one you feed, namely the loading round. I don't know what revolvers you've been shooting, but almost every home defense round I've ever shot in .45 acp have kicked less than .38spcl rounds (less muzzle hop that is). Also, have you ever seen the tests that glock did on their pistols, including unloading it, freezing it in a block of ice, thawing it and firing a full mag, never jammed or misfired, left it in the desert for a week, loaded it and fired a full mag, never jammed or misfired, left it in salt water for a week,loaded it fired a full mag never misfired or jammed. Think I'd count on a glock if I took good care of it for D@mn sure.

Who cares about cycle rate....well, when I wake up at 4am and there's someone in my house, even in my room, I don't want to have to worry about what if I miss, I want to put as much lead in them as possible.

As far as home defense goes, basically we're talking about killing people, who does this for a living....military and police, no military faction has issued a revolver for duty since the late 70's.

Screw the 10 ring, keep them in the zero!!!