HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SHED ANTLERS
Thread: SHED ANTLERS
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 10:13 PM
deertipper

Default RE: SHED ANTLERS

Saw a beautiful buck last night right before dark at the edge of the park last night and didn't have my camera, tonightI had my camera and saw
18 doe and one small buck, 4 on one side, other side missing. Down the road from there I've been seeing lots of baldies (herding up) with a few smaller bucks and one massive big boy. He has a typical 8, but they are
like coke cans. NASTY, NASTY I say. Saw him during the "2nd rut' stalking some doe in early December and now lately he has joined the others during feeding time. Time to have a chat with the farmer! I live in Northern Ill and now that deer season is over, I'll do a little coyote hunting, keep an eye on those bucks and start looking for sheds in a week or two. That may be a little early for prime time but I wanna make sure I get to those horns first.

F.Y.I.4 years agomy wife and I saw a big buck (180 class) with his rack fully attached in mid-April...no joke, we were in Lee co. doing some spring cleaning at our camp site a saw him running around the campground.