HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have Any Of You Ever...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 08:12 PM
SwampTHING

Default RE: Have Any Of You Ever...

SC, your not a snob. More than likely your alot like I am,, the thrill is in the circling,, getting the birds too fully commit,, everything after that is just anti-climatic! I dont waterswat birds,, if they sneak in and land, I will jump them out and take them in the air if I want that particular bird.

This past year myself and 2 buddies were on a puddler/can hunt. We had 8 bull cans already,, we could legally take a total of 12. We had singles coming in on us. Weresitting in the blind and were watching them come in,, typically the guy in the centre pulls the cord too flip the top of the blind, he decides when they are killable or listens for the "hit-it" to be called out.

I was the guy in the middle,, were watching these work right in just enjoying the show. They land 30 yards out easily killable,, and all were doing is talking too each other. Anyone want too kill those birds? no we've got a dozen birds,, we dont need those ones,, and we just sat and watched. Eventually we had about a dozen swimming and sleeping in the dekes.

A boat coming with a couple young guys in it ended up passing the outside of the dekes and kicked them up,, we flipped the top and took a stretch while they made theyre way by. They stopped and said you guys sleeping? you had a bunch of cans in the dekes. The answer was,, no just sitting here enjoying watching the show,, dont have too kill them all.. All we heard was you guys are nuts! You may think so,, but if your doing this 15 years from now, youwill probably be the same way...NEVER we'd kill those birds.. I hope I see those guys 15 years from now,, I can almost gaurantee it wont be about the kill anymore!