HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need some advice
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 09:55 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: need some advice

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

They should help you when you are there and explain everything to you befor you go in the if it was up to me. But really books are not going to help you to much. I think it is more experince then anything.
I disagree. Any information in print is an invaluable tool. The first thing you should do is read and understand the instruction manuals of the equipment you are using. Second, would be to get info from manufactures on their products. Know their purposes and applications. Most problems I encounter from all are one product does not go with another. Reading magazines are good. Books are great, but take time and a hands on experience to sink in, the customer should not be your ginny pig even though your manager won't see it that way, if he did you wouldn't be there.

Above all be honest with the customer. If you don't know, say so. Maybe they will be willing to help you learn something, even at the price of your pride. I have learned a lot this way and over time that knowledge adds up. Following this advise maybe detrimental to your financial well being.

Hunters Friend web site has some good info as well as other popular sites. I get the feeling you will, before long, be someone people will seek out for help.