HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BURRIS BLACK DIAMOND VS. LEUPOLD LR
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 12:03 PM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BURRIS BLACK DIAMOND VS. LEUPOLD LR

I used a Signature Select Burris scope, with the Ballistic Plex Reticle,on a muzzle loader. I was very impressed with how it worked. I will admit I had to shoot alot to determine the exact ranges, and that I also had to skip the last notch to get 200 meter accuracy. Alot of people would not do all the preparation and shooting that I do. And I agree with you, if you do not do your homework then they probably would not work. But I like shooting my rifles.

The Burris and Leupold both have the target turrets. I like them, but I think they are a bit unsightly. And with the new reticles they are probably unnecessary. I have a Leupold 6.5 x 20 x 40 with the Varmint hunting reticle that does not have the target turrets, and I like it alot, it is also an LR.

I have heard a little rumbling about the BD havinga weak tube, and that it has to be mounted properly(which I can do). I have owned 3 Burris's, and all have tracked well, with positive adjustments, not friction type. I also liked the idea of being able to lock down the reticle, once you have sighted the rifle in.

It is just hard for me to get away from Leupold for precision shooting. I have a couple of Swaro's, but with the Euro being so high, they are just out of my price limit for this project. Tom.