HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HCA Sidewinder Pro
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HCA Sidewinder Pro

HCA had reorganized under the guidance of Richard Batdorf, owner of Newberry bows. These new bows are not the same design and the ones that were described, and Newberry's customer service was not bad when I needed it. You will get a bow with Barnsdale limbs, not the Vibra Flex Armor stuff. The carbon risers are beefed up, not just designed to be as light as possible. The shock should not be as described with other models, as they are now parallel limb design. I don't know whether you will be raving over the bow or not, but I can't see comparing it to designs that are now gone. Heck, the guy ordered it and has it coming, and you tell him to stay away? Little late for that. It looks to me that the Sidewinder Pro has the same hybrid cam system as the Newberry line, like the B1 that I had. All I can say is keep a close eye on your power cable serving. Mine was getting chewed up pretty bad until I beveled and polished the lip of the round 3rd track of the lower cam. I didn't really care for the late peak, no valley type of draw, but many guys really like a cam system like that. My B1 was pretty fast and reasonably quiet. I would be looking forward to a good experience with the bow, not worrying about how products and customer service were in the past. Good luck with your new bow.