HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HCA Sidewinder Pro
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:29 PM
cpowel10

Default RE: HCA Sidewinder Pro

STAY AWAY from HCA! i bought one a few months ago (i shouldn't of listened to their salesman at a expo) and had problems from the get go with it. Mine is a Carbon 4 Runner. Its got more vibration in the hand than any bow ive ever shot and its SLOW. Their site says they're fast, but their not at all!!! Im sure their test are done with their "speed pro" arrows, something like 5 gpi or something like that. Ive always heard its like dry firing a bow when you shoot those arrows, but since they're light their fast and thats where they get their numbers from. Mine had horrible cam lean from the start and cut two bottom servings. I had to send it in TWICE before they would fix it. After i got it back the last time, their was an extra cable slide between the riser and the cable slide with the cables in it. It was just hanging there. I had to take my bow to a bow shop to get it removed. I called them 3 times trying to talk to them about the problem, and the lady on the phone kept giving me the run around. After the third time i had to tell her i wanted to talk to the manager right now and she put me on the phone with some "Clint Pierce" guy (i think that was his name). He was a smartass about it when i told him i wasnt satisfied with his product. The bows aren't very good, but their customer service is by far the worst of any product ive ever seen. STAY AWAY! Look around the internet and see how many folks talks about risers BREAKING on them when they draw! There is also a label that reads "WARNING do not use in bow press! may cause personal injury and bow damage!" (my bow is sitting in my lap and i read it and typed that label). just please stay away from them, they were once a great bow company, but they have went to crap. I dont look for them to be in business much longer.