HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Winchester Model 88
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Winchester Model 88

the pre-64 models were plain stocked with normal checkering. post 64 models had a basket weave design in the stock.

i have a post 64 in 308. its a good shootin gun. works flawlessly. i killed my first deer with it and put it away. back then they were going for about 650 here. now they seem to go for 850-1000 or so. thats why mine is in the closet. and its not technically MINE per say. it was my grandfathers who passed away when my mother was really young. dad kept care of all the guns after that. then when i was young i took over the job and cleaned all the guns inside and out atleast a couple times a year just to keep them oiled..and whiped the outsides down monthly atleast. grandma allows me to shoot them and now she lives with us so i keep taking care of them like always. but she never GAVE them or it to me. besides my mother my grandfather has 2 other kids with my grandma. neither hunt or anything..and i know me and grandpa would been an unbreakable pair...but my one uncle is money hungry and the aunt would give it to her son that hunts once a year and doesnt own a gun cleaning kit(no joke!)

but i love the gun. good shoot..solid gun..and the post 64 is a looker for a factory rifle.