HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow spine program help needed
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Arrow spine program help needed

With the information you gave me I show a 2412 being the lightest X7 that spines well for your set up.

This was with 62 lbs of peak weight and 28.5 inches of draw length and a 27 inch arrow.

I also used a 100 grn nibb (no insert) with 3 inch feathers and got between 8.5 and 9 % FOC. If you use the Blazers it will lower your FOC some.

If you want to use a different point weight or use inserts I would need to check it again since the extra point weight would effect the spine. If you wanted to use an insert go with 85 grn points, this would give you roughly the same spine and up your FOC to almost 10%.

You could get lighter arrows if you went with a carbon arrow. Not sure how much speed you would gain in the end though. Probably not enough to notice at 30 yards or so.

That is what I come up with anyway.

If you want I can figure it at 55 lbs and then that will give you some leeway to adjust your poundage to get the perfect spine if you wanted. This shows these arrows being just about perfect. If it is off slightly and they are too stiff your bow is maxed out so the only thing you could do is add tip weight to weaken them up. This is normally how I do it when I pick new arrows.

Paul