HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Digital game cameras are not trail cameras
Old 01-10-2007, 10:30 AM
flyinlowe
Typical Buck

Default RE: Digital game cameras are not trail cameras

I just got a stealth cam for Christmas this year and it is my first trail cam ever. I put it up on a trail with no baits or food plots and got 33 pics in one week, 26 of them were keepers. I read the reviews and the model stealth cam I had did get a high review for the price range. I also put in a high speed memory card, I don't know for sure if this helps or not but when I bought my second digital camera it took forever from the time I hit the button until the pic took.The tech guy forMinolta recomended a higher speed memory card. (I didn't know there was such a thing).The high speed memory card helped so I put it in my trail cam.
My camera is pointed down the trail and it has about a two second delay from motion to picture. So unless a deer was just at a full sprint I don't see how it could pass by in two seconds. Some of my shots were 5 different pics of the same deer as it was walking down the trail