HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Skittish lab pup
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Skittish lab pup

ORIGINAL: BlueRidgeRetrievers

ORIGINAL: farmchick

I have owned a lot a labs. We always had people on the farm, so never had one cower down to anyone. I have a lab now, had her for 11 years. My husband is very "hard handed"...so anytime my lab even here's his voice she cowers up and "tries" to bunch up as small as she can, but still goes up to him. I't actually pretty awful to watch. She is desparate for his approval. He beat her pretty bad one time...and it's stuck with her. She will go up to any else without any hesitation at all. She still keeps the meek attitude, but very gentle. Sounds like she needs to build up some trust.

I'm sorry but that's just pathetic...

Sounds like to me your husband needs someone to beat him up pretty bad and keep coming around until he cowers around like that... I'd never stand for it! Poor dog... I'd give her away before I'd make her put up with it.

[:@]
labs seem to be dog breed that does not forget, to well..husband has done nothing that most of us have not done in our lifetime..

i had dog that bit me, i broke stick over his back..he never bit me again..

i had another friend who dog bit people..he took dog to basement,
and they went at it..he ended up coming out of basement with bad bites,he ended up in hospital..

but, he said, sproul, i did not have to put dog to sleep..he saved that dog as dog never bit another person after that fight in basement..

this happened to me when i went after mine for biting a friend and me..most said, SPROUL PUT HIM TO SLEEP..i said, no, we had fight, i got bit ,NOW, he does not bite anyone and is good dog..

i saved that dogs life and so did my friend..sometimes you have to shock dog out of it if they are BITING and not let them think they can go around and bite people..

otherwise, its DEATH FOR DOG..

i dont know why he hit dog with stick, but if he was biting people, sometimes ,it has to be done or dog dies..

i dont think that husband hit dog because She was nice dog..husband needs to LOWER VOICE AND TRY TO SHOW ATTENTION TO HER MORE...