HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??
Old 12-23-2006, 02:32 AM
GregH
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

The bowling ball/ ping pong ball quote is mine. It was a gross exageration to show a point. If you keep the velocity the same for the 400 gr arrow and the 500 gr arrow, the difference is big.... not irrelevant.

It very much is irrelevant..... You are speaking in "ifs".... How do you plan on keeping the velocity the same with a 100 grain swing in arrow weight????

Keeping all things equal (draw weight and draw length) it is impossible. I can't even understand why you would post such a gross exaggeration of an unattainable comparison.

Once again apples and oranges.....

[/align]
Bucky, I did not stutter. I did not say to keep all things equal. Here's what I said, "Everyone can choose a KE that will work for them by tweaking their arrow weight and speed."

Sometimes you have to read the whole post before you jump to rediculous conclusions. Thourough reading and comprehension will help you understand.

Tweaking speed: most bows have an adjustable weight range. If you want to keep your velocity up, but use a heavier arrow, you must increase the poundage of your bow. A few pounds may get you where you want to be. Hence the term "tweaking". I wouldn't suggest tweaking the draw length unless you are trying to obtain the proper fit. If you need a better explaination of this, let me know.

Once again...NOT apples to oranges, poor reading and comprehension leads to mass confusion.