HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TN Lady looking for love
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:45 AM
RustyD02359
Fork Horn

Default RE: TN Lady looking for love

Breeding is something that needs a lot of thought put into it. Obviously this person has not done any home work. SOunds like you just want to put two dogs together which is all wronf and why thousands of animal are PTS every year.
1) First of all what kind of cash do you have on hand if things go WRONG? 2) Are you willing to keep all unwanted pups and afford them?
3) DO you have $15,000 on hand incase of emergancies and sic dogs?
4) DO you have the time to care for every puppy 24hrs a day if mom doesn't want anything to do with YOUR puppies? They need to be fed every 2-3 hours all night long and it will take 2-3 to feed them.
I selectively breed and have done it all and was ready. Of course I really didn't expect to take 2 months off of work to give pups 24 hr care but did and was happy to as mom healed from her infections.
5) are you willing to loose the mother for the sake of having pups?
I too get angry at people who think its such a nice idea but have NO IDEA of what CAN HAPPEN. They only think of cute pups and $$. You have to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Good luck in your decision. I try to talk anyone out of breeding unless they can answer YES to ALL of my questions.