HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??
Old 12-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

I'm with dwd on this one. When I went with lighter arrows I didn't get the results I was used to when shooting deer. Went back to a set up of med weight and I was happy again. I spined a deer(not intended placement so no ethics police needed)this year at 30 yards and still penatrated one lung completely. Arrow was 3/4 buried. I was shooting a 2006Alegence at 275 fps and everyoneknows what that bow is capable of as far as speed so I was way below what it can shoot because I chose a heavier arrow.
Same here Rick with an arrow to the light side, spined this years buck...but read my last reply. I'm in favor of a heavier side arrow but I love my ACC's and am hard pressed giving them up. I don't ever not have an exit hole but haven't had a pass through yet with these arrows. I preach as heavy carbon as you can get great flight with regardless of speed. ArthurP will set us straight with heavy vs light arrows...lol

A good medium is right on the money of both weight and speed.