HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot the White Today with New Stock
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 07:21 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default Shot the White Today with New Stock

Well, I finally could not stand it any longer - I had to go shoot the gun... It was colder than HE-double hockey sticks and the wind was blowing but I went... 10 degrees and 10/15 mph wind - I do not know what that does for thw wind chill, but I did not have enough clothes on and my trigger hand was freezing - but it was worth it - I needed to shoot....

The target is not as good as would have liked but it does shown me no ill effects from the stock switch (laminate to composit). But I do have a bunch of good excuses besides being cold as heck... Becuase of the price of bullets is climbing so bad - i decided I needed to shoot up those 5 boxes of 44 cal XTP's that I have and what better way than shooting paper. I was using the new MMP HPH-12 Green Sabot - but it truly was a slip fit - it slid down almost like putting one of grenades that Cascadedad shoots when I am over there. I had another excuse too, but I forgot what it was... membered I just switched scopes also - bore sighted at home. I was pleased that my 50 yard shots were so close.
Anyway - on a good day I'll cut that 100 yard group way down...

Here is the target - the "Autumn Aspen" colors really did not effect the shooting at all.

Actually I am pleased that those 44 bullet loose sabot combination worked this well...