HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 777 FFG vs FFFG vs Pellets
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 02:46 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 777 FFG vs FFFG vs Pellets

I'm trying to decide whether to switch from 777 pellets (I'm shooting 100gr 777 with 250gr shockwaves.
The trouble with saying how many shots you will get per pound is hard to say. Depends on the size of the loads, how much you spill (very common), and to be honest, I have never really counted a pound of powder and the number of shots. I would guess 70 or more, but that is just a guess. I have shot all day on a pound of loose powder.

When you get acase of pellets that will give you 50 - 100 grain shots. Out of a pound of loose powder, you will get more then 50 shots for sure. The cost of the pellets is often times more then $28.00 here where I live. In the loose powder I can often get it on sale for $15.00. but even standard for $21.00. So any way you look at it, the loose powder will save you money.

Second is there a practical difference between ffg and fffg for 777?
With Triple Se7en 3fthere is a little more in the barrel pressure department and speed of projectile but not as much as I once first thought. It does seem to burn better. I use both grades depending on what I am shooting and what rifle I am shooting.

Finally, anything that I need to know when loading?
Well other then dumping the powder down the barrel, it does not hurt to thump the butt of the rifle and level the load, and with Triple Se7en I load with moderate pressure, not hard pressure. There really is not a lot to it.