HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - @@-Bullet Found- @@- Don't OverDrive PowerBelts-Pics
Old 12-17-2006, 08:47 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Don't OverDrive PowerBelts-Pics

ORIGINAL: Pglasgow

Hunter John,

I think you are right on. So there is conundrum. One could drive them hard but the range would probably be reduced due to accuracy issues. Not to mention the fact that the bullet's would suffer for the purpose of low velocity impact, in fact, to use harder lead with 348 thru 444 PBs would ruin them in my way of thinking. I thinkHank is right about one thing though. Forthe 295 and lighter (.50 cal)bullets. Just get rid of the hollowpoint and the green aerotip and make a solid tip possessing the ogive of the aerotip. A person should be able to push themup to 1800 fps at the muzzlewithout major issues.

YOU ARE RIGHT ON..in .50 cal, the 348 pb is most likely the better bullet to use for buck,not the 295..i only use the 295 because it was real accurate,touched holes,i load DOWN in my flintlock and it opens upand i only take side or neck shot and NO KICK..

in fact, i read test somewhere that said in the .50 cal in-lines which i have no experience,they said NEVER use a powerbelt under 348 on deer..

if i was using inline, i would use the heaviest powerbelt made for it or go to maxi-ball or those other bullets that are mentioned on here..

no way i would use hollow point bullet pushed at high velocity..