HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got a new gun!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Josh Sorensen
Fork Horn

Default RE: Got a new gun!!!

I have a browning Eurobolt in .243 w/boss and I really like it. It is just an abolt with a satin finished european style stock and shorter barrel. it has a 22" barrel and I have a 4-14x scope on it. I tuned the boss in for 100gr SBT Sierra gamekings and then worked up a load to duplicate the federal premium loading with the same bullet. I know have a gun that will shoot federal premium ammo under .75 MOA for 5 shot groups. I chose to duplicate the fed premium load because that way I can always buy ammo thats sighted in for it if I happen to run out or need any quick. I also got the BossCR for it. The bossCR is the fluted, unported boss. IT was only 15 dollars for the unported piece and since its a .243 recoil wasn't an issue anyway. THe biggest thing that I didn't like about the ported boss was that when I would shoot it prone or from a sitting position it would blow leaves and grass all over the place and from prone would catch dead grass on fire. I use mine on deer and predators. The boss really does work when you start to dial it in for different bullets, good luck.