HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tough decision as a land owner.....
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 06:38 PM
PA_BOW_HUNTER
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tough decision as a land owner.....

jhalfhill - before I give you my opinion let me first ask is it possible there is some miscommunication going on here? I mean, you heard from abuddy that they shot deer on your place, then you left a bold voice message, then they texted you back. If you never talk with them, is there any chance that they do have antlerless tags this year? Is there any chance they might have poached them elsewhere in PA then told their butcher - your buddy - they got them on your land?

Sounds like to me there should have been some man to man conversation to get things straight.

That being said, family is family but you still have to look out for yourself first of all. If you feel in your gut that you did the right thing by kicking them off you probably did. It is your property, they need to respect you and if you feel you did the right thing then you can't doubt yourself. I had the same situation a few years ago, but witha friend (ex-friend now) not family. I booted him for shooting two button bucks after clearly telling him he could shoot matureanimals - 2.5 years and older. I do not regret that one bit.