HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre
Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
GR8atta2d
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Ok I didn't read all of part 1 so forgive if this has been addressed..But my question is how do you know they are doing anything illegal? Just because they are putting mature deer down, and you are not?
You state that you work hard for the chance..whats hard about going out on a few acre honey hole and watching deer pass by and deciding what too shoot and what not to shoot?

You were so confident in this area that you had team-mates drive down and were openly saying how you were gonna donate the meat to needy families. You had the meat given away before you even were in the bush..cocky to say the least! Only after asking permission to bring an outsider in to hunt, and having that permission denied, did the plan change.

It does have the ring of sour grapes..sorry just my opinion. These deer are not your deer, or my deer, or the neighbors deer, they are just deer. A legal and hunt-able asset put here by God above.

Perhaps if the neighbors are taking the nice deer off the land, then next year you will find out what working for a deer is..you may have to scout some land, gain new permissions, place stands etc..instead of just walking 225 yards (my 3 iron distance) out the back door, to the deer watching stand!

Again sorry if you take this bad, maybe I don't have all the details..but 1 post can pass by without comment and written off as venting..a second cries out as jealousy.