HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How much venison do you guys eat??
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:27 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How much venison do you guys eat??

It's my first season to even have this to think about!!

The first deer I took this year was 172 lbs on the hoof. I processed him completely at home....and it put some meat in my new floor freezer (I was confident enough to purchase a floor freezer before the season started). the little piebald I shot wasn't too big....so I had him ground up into burger. The doe.....I had done into sausage. The last buck I donated to a family of 14 that I know of. The butcher donated the processing fee.....and I was going to throw in a gift certificate to the meat center, too. The butcher matched my $$....and all was well.

I've given sausage to a few co-workers......ground venison to family.....and we're eating backstraps, tonight, for the third time since I took my first. We've also had tacos, spaghetti.....and I'm liking the sounds of the manwich thing. My son also used a roast to do a school home economics project....and it turned out great!

I think I'm gonna keep it at 3 in our freezer.....and see how it goes. I might keep more, next year.....or less. We'll see. I can honestly see us going through those 3 in less than 9 months.

Jeff