HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wasting deer!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 AM
petasux
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wasting deer!

Up untill this year Ive been able to buy 4 or 5 or even more deer tags, mostly for does.The DNR, the state, and the insurance companies made a big fuss about getting does killed, even threatened at one point to goto a couple years of doe only tags if the population wasnt contolled.

We got a lot of families in the area without a lot of extra money, we got a lot of old timers that like deer but arent able to hunt them anymore.Even farmers that like to eat deer but are busy with field work during the hunting season and cant get out to shoot one.I give deer every year to different people in these situations, in return I am doing what the state wants done and even gain access to a lot of hunting ground by doing so.Theres even a program set up by the state to donate extra deer to be processed for the less fortuate to eat.Im not really seeing how any of this would be considered wasting deer.

Leaving them to rot is wanton waste in most states as far as I can tell, its illegal and unethical.Hard to prove however unless you see them do it and have a carcass.Contact the DNR, tell em what the kid told you, maybe they can catch him doing it, but thats about all you can do.