HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cva wolf is it good starter gun
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Pglasgow
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cva wolf is it good starter gun

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

We need to remind ourselves that today's society is loaded with one/single parent homes -- with a majority of those being supervised by the mother.... a typical non-gun user.
The demographics are definitely changing and sentiment about gun ownership, use, and game harvest are changing as well. My brother and I planned to introduce his step-son to hunting this year. He drew a cow elk and we purchase a leftover doe for him. We saw thathe attended and successfully completed his hunter-safety training. He was very excited about going and enjoyed the trips to the range for practice. He liked the traditional MLrifle best and I actually thought he would chose it with prb to hunt for his doe.

But as hunting season approached, his mother began voicing objections. The boy is 14, and she thought the act of "murdering" a deer would "tramautize" his young mind, and wouldultimately turn him into a "criminal".

I just about threw up when my brother told me what she thought about hunting, hunting weapons, and hunters. My brother, in spite of his efforts, was not able to clear it with her and unfortunately, his step-son was not allowed to hunt. Sad thing is, he really wanted to, and has a healthy and appropriate understanding of what hunting is and what safe and responsible gun handling and ownership is. I just hope the efforts which were made to teach him honorable traditions are not poisoned by her morbid opinions.