HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread
Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 AM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

[8D]Chris [8D]

Hey man any buck with a bow Chris is an accomplismentand when asking about if it's taking the fun out of the hunt by shooting something smaller[:@]. Not at allIt's Like TJK says and probably why most hunters bow hunt. For the elament and the challenge and time spent alone to make the mind think. The time from the cityit's all a benifit of bow hunting. Plus the buck you got is a great buck in any woods,my hats of to you my friend and it's been a blessing getting to know you and talk to you.
Also when you think of it, things like this can happpento you as it happened to me this year. I'd been chasing and had a buck patterned this year that would have been over 200 as I have his last 2 years of drops. Well last week before I tripped and sprained my ankle and knee, the poachers I found on my property had shot him that afternoon and lost him in our woods.My hunter friend and I were within 50 yards on each side of him at the time of the shot.
Within minutes the hunters crossed the fence and under my stand with out even knowing I was there[>:]As they couldn't find him and were leaving under my stand again I scared the crap out of them by making myself heard. They promised to not come back and offered what ever to keep it quiet so I said yes and their off the ajoining property now.I searched for 2 days for him and didn't find him. I heard the hunter say he gut shot him but there was no blood. I'm hoping he asumed he hit him and my time spent on this quality buck will not be in vain[:'(].Then the next day a huge buck had his head cut off at the intersection where I hunt ,LMAO When does it stop. Maybe I'll catch him back out grazing in the spring.[:-]
Who said bowhunting wasn't fun[].Hope to keep in touch with the contest Chris and God Bless.
Rocky