HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread
Old 11-26-2006, 11:09 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Motown

Man he is a pig!! Unbelievable how much he lostto his rackfrom fighting since he is a heavy racked buck. He should have easily been a 135 - 140 class buck before fighting. Probably more then that!!

In regards to your comments ontrophy hunting. It is flustrating putting in the time, effort and passing many good bucks when hunting the top end bucks to one's area only to run out of time. You will sacrifice a lot since it is no easy task. Is it worth it?? To me... yes as it has made me a better hunter. Mykids will/have benefit by that where I was self taught. It gets me away from the job/bills and life's little problems that taking the first buck that comes by won't do by ending it too fast.Big buckhuntinghas it own enjoyments and benefits. So far the good out weighs the flustrations to me. Hell, once in a while I evenactually accomplish the goal. Most times not!! Sometimes I cheat and pick up the rifle only to kill it in bow range in the end.

I've got the greatest respect for you as I think you are one of the top notch hunters on the forum. You can and have gotten it done. This buck is no slouch... busted rack or not.If you back off from going justafter the top end buck in your area to get the most enjoyment out of your hunting... great!! Heck they still will be big pigs!!

Congrats on your BEAST!! Hope you didn't have to drag him far!!

Tim