HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer cannot see orange.
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 09:10 AM
buckmine
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer cannot see orange.

If they can see it then why do I not get spotted? If I was walking through the woods and saw Orange up in a tree I would notice it. Just two weeks ago I was looking one direction and then I look 180 and there is a fawn. I freeze. Then there is a second fawn in front of the first and this is 20 yards away. Behind those two is the doe and I did not expect the doe to se me because of a fallen tree.

Second example. I use the "can" and a doe beelines it straight to me. This stand is my bowhunting stand and only 12 feet of the ground. Again this stand is out in the open. Nothing covering the sides of the stand. She parks herself directly below me. She walks 10 yards further and turns around. Not once detected. When she turned around she could have easily seen me. Most times when I no I am not going to shoot I lean right into the tree to keep me motionless.

I will never buy carbon suits. I wear camo when I bowhunt. Alll I do is shower with non scented soap and wash my clothes in non scented. I do not spray when out in the field, though I may start so I can spray my boots.