HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 12:52 PM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Default Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

Well here is her story. The guide(that's me)does everything for her as far as scouting, treestand placement, and all she has to do is shoot it!!!! LOL!!!!. I am proud of her for keeping her composure and not staring at the antlers though!!! I got our stands hung this am about 8:00. Sarah couldn't come out till about 9:00. I saw a couple of does but nothing offered me a shot. At 9:00 she arrives and I walk her into the stand. We both get settled in the same tree, I am above her in a different stand. After being there for 15 minutes I decided to bang the horns together. This dude came in like he was on a string. I didn't even have a chance to get the camcorder turned on. At 20 yds Sarah bawed while at full draw and he stopped perfectly broadside. Her arrow double lunged him and he went 60 yds. Her 2nd time out for the season, 20 minutes on stand at the most, and a trophy whitetail down on the ground!!! He has great mass and height and I am really proud of her. She had major surgery only 3 weeks ago so this was her 1st time out since surgery. Thanks God!!!!
Here is the scrape and rub that was 10' from where he was shot.
Here is a link with more photos:
http://img179.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img179/5861/116347258242s.smil