HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why aren't there more Black hunters?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
NJheadhunter71
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why aren't there more Black hunters?

We have very few in my neck of the woods. The fewI do know were taught by their fathers and live out in the "country". I always wanted to start a mentoring program for kids of all ethnic backrounds and wanted to see what some of the inner city kids(white, black and latino)would think of itif given the chance to hunt and be in the outdoors. There is on the other hand agood amount of latino hunters and I think it is great to see whole families enjoying the sport. Igo onsome 3-d shoots every year and have been seeing moreblack archers every year. It does the sport alot of good when you have many people enjoying it. During gun week last year I hadwitnessed a funny sighton a public peace we were hunting, a couple ofspanish guys were loading up a doe into a loweredacura with 20" chrome wheels on it. I don't know who lookedmore silly those guys stuffing it in the trunk or us trying to get a couple deer loaded into the bed of a Ford F250 with 8" lift and37'' tires on it. We were laughingat them and they were laughing at us! all in good fun. Point is people are people.