HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Losing my desire to hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 PM
NJheadhunter71
Typical Buck

Default RE: Losing my desire to hunt

Don't feel bad it happens. It seems like the older you get (not calling you old as I don't know your age) the less desire you have to hunt. I know guys that are in there late 60's-70's now that 20 years ago wouldout hunt me in my best year! They just sold most of there stuff and said goodbye. I see you mentioned you said"hobby" well alot of us don't really condider it a hobby but more of a lifestyle. As far as you having alot of hunters to compete with I can totally understand your point but you should try living out East!. Maybe you should just try doing a few hunts each year and really make them count. Also, alot of usofcourse like to harvest game but I hope that wasn't the only reason you were out there? You can stillabsorb and experience the outdoors without hunting. What about the challenge? What about the exercise? As far as the drag thing goes that is alwaysthe best part! You killed itnow its up toyou to take it back to the truck C-H-A-L-L-A-N-G-E! What about the delicious meat (and potatoes of course)Trysome of these things, be ahunting mentor to a child (GIVE BACK WHAT WAS GIVEN TO YOU), buy a camera, get a video camera and film your friends hunting or justgo with the group for the comraderie. I am glad I don't live out West because I would have surely gotten spoiled with all the species to hunt. Oh by the way, did you have any secret spots or leases you want to give up?

What ever you do good luck