HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cow down..We have meat
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
glob3006
Fork Horn

Default Cow down..We have meat

After seeing a couple of posts on Cows that were taken. I thought I would post a couple of pics and a brief story as well.[/align][/align] Somehow I have a knack for finding Elk. Drop me in the Sahara I'll see Elk.[/align] On opening morning I picked a mountain that had the right look and headed out to investigate. Over a couple of small ridges and at the base I glassed the upper most razorback on the mountain and well.................We have Elk. The only problem is thatthe only way to get to 'em is to drop back down, go around and come up the back side. 45 minutes later I see two cows just below the top and the sneak is on. This side of the mountain has very little cover andI was only on another rise that had another drop off b4 starting up to the razorback.[/align] My only shot ??was at the crest of the rise. At 320 yrds on the rangefinder and a hard angle up. I put my 06on my pack , waited patiently for the shot ( my longest) and squeezed the trigger. I heard the bullet impact and new that my day had just begun!!!![/align] I spent the rest of the day quartering and packing ( On foot) the 2/12 miles (As the Crow flies)to and from the truck. back at camp around 8:30 pm.Not bad for a 38 yr old 128 lb guy.[/align] But that's how I hunt!!!!![/align][/align] GLOB ![/align]glob3006's pictures tagged hunting glob - AOL Pictures[/align]