HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help deer hunting!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Tigerfan

Default RE: Help deer hunting!!!!!!!!!

From Yahoo maps it, looks like a lot of field land. I am not a big field hunter being in the piney hills of N. La but, I would bet if you did some scouting around your land you could find some rubs and right about now some fresh scrapes. If you have tracks around your feeders, I would start there. Take notice of what direction they come from in the morning's and evenings and then look at your arieal map to get an idea of where they are coming from. Then you can adjust your stand locations from there. I'm not sure what your buck limit is there in theat county but, I would call the local DNR and find out what the avg doe kill should be for you acredge in that area. Then try to take that many does off your property every year. This will allow for more browse for your bucks, which equals bigger, better bucks. Try to refrain from shooting young bucks until you know what you have on the property. Get a couple game cameras and set them up to see what you have roaming around. You will probly be amazed at what is on your property. Good luck and keep us informed.