HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montana Bob Off 2 Alaska 4 2 Years Little Help.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Montana Bob
Typical Buck

Default Montana Bob Off 2 Alaska 4 2 Years Little Help.

Some people dream of heading off to the wilds of Alaska and it's happened to me. Many of you have seen my posts here about living and huntingin Montana.
There just is not enough work in my field left in the lower 48 to own and pay fora big house in this state.
The only consistant work left for what I do ( Upgrade Cable TV Systems ) is in Alaska.
I am heading out next week to arrive in Anchorage for a few months and then various other townsacross the state to upgrade their cable systems.In total should be there for 2 years coming home every couple of months to make sure the kids haven't turned the house into one of ill reput.
I do have a sister in-law in Anchorage who is already promised some fishing through friends when I arrive and will be staying at her place for a bit.
From going over your ADF&G site seems the general hunting is winding down.
I will most likely become a resident there as I am a contractor here who must be completely registered ( License Plates, State Contractors License and so forth).Most likely will be renting an apt along the way.
Would like to start out with some Spring Black Bear and from there don't really know. I know there is a lot of draws in the state as well as game units all of which are a mystery me.
During my 2 year stint I am interested in Caribou, Over 6' Black Bear, Brown or Grizz,Wolf, Maybe a Moose, but already have a Canadian.
I am married and will be making the occasional booty call flight to visit my wife who took an 100 hour a week job with Halliburton in Utah.
The rest of my time on the weekend will be spent hunting and fishing and I guess looking for the good places to do such.
Will be leaving the ATV at home but will bring the rest of my tons of hunting gear fromhome.I am shipping the 338 Rum up as I think it will be a great all around firearm.
So if there is any of you Alaska folks looking for an old (45)outdoor partner to show around it would be greatly appriciated. I know it's a big state and I will be around Anchorage, Wasilla and Palmer for at least a year. I will be only working 5 days a week so most every weekend will be out trying to catch or kill sumptin.
Thanks
Montana Bob
Oh one other thing I need to be fairly successfull as I need to pay off Muley69 with some meat of some sort to keep coming by the house to check that the kids aren't turning it into a Bunny Ranch.