HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is your state BOW and SHOTGUN ONLY? WHY??
Old 10-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Is your state BOW and SHOTGUN ONLY? WHY??

As two others have said Ohio has no rifle season. They say it is becuase Ohio is flat but I think they say that because it is to easy to tell like it is! Our Bow season runs from first of October to the end of Jan. WE have a one week Shotgun season and that is when all hell breaks loose! I gun hunt and there is alot of guys that do and are good at it so dont take this wrong. But I think the vast majority of guys shotgun hunting shot the gun the last time when they missed or wounded a deer the year before. Every year I shotgun hunt I run into tresspassers and people that just dont care. It is for this reason I think they do not allow rifels in Ohio. You can shot varmits and yotes all you want with whatever you want. But I think the DNR knows it would be bad news if you put a bunch of idiots in the fields throwing lead four feet off the ground that can go 500 yards no problem and hit someone or something. Like I say its ok for varmits because most of the varmit hunters are good shots and are not just throwing bullets around. A week full of guys running around shooting 30-06 bullets would be asking for trouble IMO!