HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5 month old brittney
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:32 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 5 month old brittney

ORIGINAL: 10pointhank

some times it will hurt sometimes it wont i think hes just testing his limits.......damn hes stubborn
YOU HAVE DOMANIANT dog..usually males act this way..a lot of these type dogs end up biting people down road..

i cant answer how to stop it..i would try to get him to chew on a chewy thing..if he bites, say NO BITE as others said..i used to pinch his tongue if he bit me, dont know if that right way or not..

you may have to get him nuetered later,you can get it done at 6 months,i waited until 1 year as i wanted my dog to develop on his body more..nuetering changes a dogs development, so they say..

you have domaniant dog, i feel ..you have to become leader of pack, not him..they make good hunters BUT you may end up with dog that bites people..its in his genes maybe, maybe i am wrong but seen a ton of dogs in 50 years and lot that bite at young age end up biting later..

dont mean to scare you only being honest to help you..some dogs snap out of it ,others dont..i hope it just teeth thing BUT from what i saw over years,its a DOMANIANT DOG and usually its a MALE..