HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help a Beginner..
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 08:44 AM
jmjuergensen

Default Help a Beginner..

Hey guys -

I recently stumbled upon this forum a couple weeks ago and have found it to be a great resource for information. I've been hunting for 10 years now, however only rifle hunting in northern MN. However, recently I've had the passion to get into Bow hunting. Our family owns 60 acres of land in Northern MN and directly adjecent to our property to the South and to the East is the National Forest which we are free to hunt as well. So even though we own only 60 acres, we have thousands at our disposal.

The reason for my post is that I am a complete newbie to Bow hunting. At this point, I don't even own a bow or arrows. I guess what I was hoping for is some advice in buying a bow and arrows. What works best, what to avoid, things like that. Also, any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've done some research on my own and have found that you can spend a TON of money on bows. I just recently graduated from college (in May) and recently started a full-time job, so right now, the cash flow is a little limited. What would be a good bow for an inexperienced hunter to start out with while keeping the price somewhat reasonable? Also, what about sights? What are some good sights to put on a bow? thanks in advance for all your help guys!