HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fall away rests versus stationery rests
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 07:04 PM
CWB

Default Fall away rests versus stationery rests

I have been shooting a fall away rest these last several months. I am shooting the Copper Johns Alleycatfall away rest. I still have not decided if I am sold on the fall away rests. I get a weird arrow once in awhile. Usually it's one arrow that hits 2-3 inches out of the group for some unknown reason. The shot felt good but it doesn't hit where I think it should. I have been shooting and tuning bows for 25 years and I usually shoot pretty small groups. I have worked with this rest and tried different tunes, and it shoots bullet holes through paper, but I still get an arrow now and then that goes haywire? I have my arrows numbered and its not aways the same arrow. I feel that when I shot my Golden Premier rest, I hardly ever had a arrow go out when the shot felt good, and I'm beginning to think I shot more consistent with it. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just getting old and my shooting going downhill?